Welcome to Federal Policy Week, a blog that covers federal policy developments in conservation, natural resources, wildlife, and animal welfare.
To subscribe for Federal Policy Week enter your email address under the “Follow” label at the upper left section of the page. You will receive a verification email to confirm your subscription. Thank you!
In the last posting I provided information on legislation pending in 113th Congress that covers animal-related legislation, including bills and resolutions. This edition of Federal Policy Week provides links for websites that provide information on key legislation impacting the policies of climate change, wildlife, animal welfare, and international wildlife conservation. There are many organizations with additional information on bills, often in the form of alerts, but I tried to provide sites that collectively provide more comprehensive, on-going lists of relevant legislation. I hope this serves as a tool for you to find relevant legislation.
National Geographic Video on Impacts of Climate Change
- Center for Energy and Climate Solutions:
- Congressional Research Service’s report on climate change legislation. Note that it is from March 2014. Report is found on FAS website:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science. The list covers much more than climate change-related legislation, including oceans and energy.
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership: http://policy.oceanleadership.org/information-and-education/legislative-tracker/
WILDERNESS (There is a lot of cross-over with Climate Groups):
- The Wilderness Society (most wilderness bills are state specific):
- Wilderness Watch (last updated July 2014): http://www.wildernesswatch.org/pdf/Wilderness_Legislation_113th_Congress.pdf
- Pew Charitable Trusts: http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/about/news-room/press-releases/2013/01/23/wilderness-bills-in-the-113th-congress
- Center for Biological Diversity: http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/action/alerts/
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership (look for menu to left and click to find specific marine, ocean, or coastal legislation): http://policy.oceanleadership.org/information-and-education/legislative-tracker/
- Ocean Champions (This is a political group): http://www.oceanchampions.org/action-center.html
- Marine Conservation Institute (updates on actions): http://www.marine-conservation.org/what-we-do/advocate/
ANIMAL WELFARE / WILDLIFE:
- Humane Society Legislative Fund: http://legislation.hslf.org/?credit=web_id418747317
- Animal Welfare Institute: https://awionline.org/content/federal-bills
- ASPCA: https://www.aspca.org/fight-cruelty/advocacy-center
- Farm Sanctuary: http://www.farmsanctuary.org/get-involved/federal-legislation/
- American Veterinary Medical Association: https://www.avma.org/Advocacy/National/Congress/Documents/AVMA_Legislative_Agenda_2ndSession113thCongress_FINAL.pdf
- Defenders of Wildlife: http://www.defenders.org/take-action/actions and check out its Advocacy Center: http://www.defenders.org/wildlife-advocate-center
HUNTING & FISHING
- CRS report – legislation concerning hunting and fishing (National Ag Law Center):
- Safari Club International (THIS IS A HUNTING ORGANIZATION): http://www.scifirstforhunters.org/advocacy/fedaffairs
- The Wildlife Society: http://news.wildlife.org/featured/natural-resources-bills-in-the-113th-congress/
- World Wildlife Fund – 2014 International Conservation Budget Document: http://www.worldwildlife.org/publications/2014-international-conservation-budget
Great idea about sharing links to other websites!
Sent from my iPad